Saturday, July 4, 2015

Artwork Scrapbook for the Kids


I posted this idea on Facebook the other day and it got a lot of great feedback so I will post it here as well!

This is a simple solution for all the adorable -or hilarious- artwork that kids bring home from daycare or school.  Sadly, it is just no realistic to save every single piece.  My sons must have brought home HUNDREDS this year.

As they bring their work home I do a preliminary sort-- things that I know I won't save make their round son display and then discreetly get thrown out.  The stuff that is really cute, funny, sentimental, well-done all goes in a big pile and I don't think about it again.  The simple pile strategy is nice because it keeps things in order of development/seasons and it keeps the kids work separated as  I make a pile for each child.  I usually store it high in on a closet shelf after it's had its time on display- out of sight, out of mind, and out of reach.
At the end of each school year I sort through the pile and pick out my absolute faves...usually a couple from each season or anything particularly cute or funny. 

At this point I toss the rest and I trim them up and collage them into a scrapbook. I like to do this at the end of the year once I have made all my finals sections.  If I tried to scrapbook along the way I know I would end up keeping way too much stuff.  This lets me look at the entire year and use the best pieces. 

Each boy has a "pre-k" book. A gallery of all their best (or hysterical) pictures up through kindergarten! And I'll probably do the same through Elem. Once everything has been pasted down I go through and label the years.   It;s a nice, organized and NON cluttered what to save some of these gems!  🎨

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts