Monday, January 26, 2015

Post Partum Weight Loss Journey

 have never been able to "snap back" from pregnancy. Im not one of those girls who has babies without a stretch mark. I don't shed the weight in two weeks or even two months. Pretty opposite actually. 
After Jamin I felt discouraged and embarrassed. I was running half marathons and losing no weight. Silly as it sounds I felt my body failed me (ridiculous thoughts looking back...come on, I grew a human!) I totally gave up and felt sorry for myself. 
After Owen, I moped for a solid YEAR before even taking action. It took time and hard work but I was finally able to shed the lingering weight from both pregnancies. I had made a decision to not give up no matter what. I revamped my diet and amped up my workouts through Beachbody programs. Finally, I was was able to go into pregnancy #3 healthy and fit. 
And I thought it would be easy this time! 
This last pregnancy with Emerson I was put on pelvic rest at 5 months. (Since when does life go exactly as planned??)
But this time I am stronger mentally. I know if I put in the work I will see results. I don't feel defeated- I feel determined. 
And guess what? I'm still 13 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight almost 6 months post partum. And that's ok. Im not racing anyone. I'm making the small choices everyday that will add up to big results. I know my body has had three babies. I know my body doesn't "snap back" without hard work. I know that I am making progress and I'm not expecting perfection. 
Not afraid or embarrassed this time. Just ready to work. If you can relate shoot me over an email (krystanymark@gmail.com). I love having company on the journey!
Ps. This is me 1 month post partum with baby #3 and TODAY. Working that pooch away!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts