Wednesday, January 28, 2015

5 days of Sugar Free!

I am happy to say I am five days into our "Breaking up with your Sweet Tooth" and I am going STRONG right along with all my challengers!

AND in 5 full days I am down about 3 pounds (with exercise 4 of the 5 days as well).  I'm holding strong to those new years resolutions!



They say it takes 21 days to form a habit and I am cruising right along to the goals I have this year.  If my challengers come out of this challenge a few pounds lighter, but more importantly, with a newly formed habit of more often than not leaving that refined sugar behind--- then this thing is a SUCCESS!

Day 1 was a breeze (isn't that always the case when you get a new program going??)  Here's some yummy steak and eggs we had over the weekend.

Day 2 I woke up with a very slight headache but as soon as I ate breakfast it was gone.  This was the day that my husband got a little bit grouchy.  I'm so happy he is on board with me, especially because it is becoming more apparent as the days go on that he is the one more addicted to sugar--so, I think he needed this challenge to break his one-candy-bar-a-day-at-work habit.  It's an amazing what things you can accomplish when you are part of a bigger team and you have others on board with you to keep you going when things get tough.  Accountability is everything, folks.

Day3 I felt like I was finding my groove.  Check out these Spinach Turkey burgers and roasted broccoli with sweet potatoes all packed up for lunch.  YUM.


Day 4 was so busy at work.  Too busy for craving sugar to be a distraction that's for sure. The trick on these kinds of days is to be prepared!  This is one of those times when mindless eating could kick in or a stress induced run to the candy jar (and when you work in schools, there are a LOT of candy jars).  But my lunches have been pre-packed with healthy lunch and snacks so I'm never left hungry and looking for a quick, impulsive fix.

And today, Day 5, I decided to try some new recipes.  I had never roasted a chicken.  And when you are off sugar you are looking for new ways to be entertained by your food!   Here I present to you a very simple- and basic- roasted chicken with lemon, garlic,thyme and basil.


5 days down, 16 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts