Saturday, July 13, 2013

Twila's Yummy (but scary looking) Soup.

A few months ago at a work pot-luck my friend Twila brought in this soup.

You guys, it looked disgusting.
 
It was a horrible dark green swamp color.  It had an earthy smell.  It concerned me.
But, knowing Twila, and her history of delicious pot-luck contributions, I thought I should give it a try.

I had three bowls.  And that was only day 1.
Then, I had two bowls on day 2.

I practically licked the tupperware clean. 

It was DELICIOUS in all of it's swamp green glory.  And it is SO easy to make.

This is my take on it since Twila still hasn't given me the exact recipe (despite constant pestering!) This version is very good, but credit needs to be given where credit is due, and Twila's soup is really where the magic happens.


The Cast:
Beef Broth
Chicken Broth
1 onion (cut into slices)
Red pepper flakes
Sausage (featured here is chicken sausage- Twila's recipe calls for Medium Italian Sausage)
1 package frozen spinach


Such an easy-going cast of characters!
 
Follow closely here- things start getting really complicated:
 
  1. Add chicken Broth, beef broth, frozen chopped spinach block, sliced onion and red pepper flakes in pot over medium heat.
 
 
  1. Chop up sausage and brown/cook in skillet.
 
3. Throw the sausage in the pot and let simmer together about 20 min over low heat.
4. Taste, and add more red pepper if you like the spicier side of life!
 
Don't be ashamed, serve that green goodness, believe me ...it. is. delicious!
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts