Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Slow-Carb Sample Menu!

For anyone ready to jump into the Slow-Carb Diet here is a one week sample menu to get you started with at least brainstorming and creating your shopping list!  Of course, it be tweaked to your own taste and preferences!




Some tips:

  1. On the slow carb diet you are supposed to refrain from fruit...I always make an exception for Shakeology mix-in's.  I like to have my Shakeology in the morning and almost always a banana is mixed in!
  2. I use salad dressing.  It's true.  I figured if I wanted to create a realistic meal plan I could stick with I needed dressing.  A big difference for me is that I now MEASURE my use.  I use 1 to 1.5 tablespoons and squirt some lemon juice in there and stir all around.  I don't just pour on the dressing!
  3. I try to keep my weekly dinner menu pretty balanced and it usually end up being: 2 chicken meals, 1 meal turkey (ground turkey, turkey sausage, or turkey bacon), 1 meal white fish, 1 meal vegetarian and 2 beef. 
  4. Snack suggestions:  We all know to eat 5 small meals per day!  Well, my menu calls for 3 major meals, because that is just the pattern of my life.  But I do try to keep portions smaller and eat throughout the day!  Some suggestions for Snacks: handful of almonds, raw carrots (occasionally with hummus), bell pepper slices, occasionally an apple (don't tell!), celery with a little but of almond butter


Monday- 
Breakfast- Chocolate Shakeology (blended with banana, almond milk and ice)
Lunch- Greek Salad  (Romaine with bell peppers, a few kalamata olives, banana peppers and grilled Chicken-- sans feta!)
Dinner- Baked Spinach & Tilapia Packets

Grocery List:
Bell Peppers
Romaine Lettuce
Banana Peppers
Kalamata olives
Chicken Breast
Banana
Almond Milk
Spinach
Red onion
Grape tomatoes
Tilapia
Lemon (or lemon juice) and a little salad dressing


Tuesday-
Breakfast- Greenberry Shakeology (blended with banana, ice, strawberries and almond milk)
Lunch- Cucumber & Tomato Salad
Dinner- Naked Chicken (or grass fed steak) Fajitas served with salsa and black beans

Grocery List:
Banana
Strawberries
Almond Milk
Cucumber
Lemon (or lemon juice)
Tomatoes
Bell Peppers
Chicken
Black Beans, rinsed & drained
Yellow onion
Fajita mix
Fresh Salsa

Wednesday
Breakfast- Chocolate Shakeology (blended with almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ice and almond milk)
Lunch-  Sliced avacado with some salt & pepper sprinkled over
Dinner- Taco Salad

Grocery List:
Almond Butter
Vanilla Extract
Cinnamon
Almond milk
Haas Avocado
Lean fed ground beef
Taco mix
Romaine Lettuce
Diced onion, bell pepper
Tomato
Fresh Salsa

Thursday
Breakfast: Greenberry Shakeology (blended with lemonade, ice and basil)
Lunch- Tomato slices with a little olive oil, Salt and pepper. Carrots with hummus and some almonds!
Dinner- Breakfast Bake for dinner!

Grocery List:
Lemonade
Basil
Misc. Garden Veggies (carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, celery, etc etc-  whatever is around!)
tomatoes
almond milk
10 eggs
breakfast turkey sausage
almonds


Friday- 
Breakfast- Chocolate Shakeology (blended with banana, almond milk & ice)
Lunch: Garden Salad (any toppings!  tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, cucumbers, carrots, hard boiled eggs, etc)
Dinner:  Grilled chicken Breast with asparagus and sweet potato

Grocery List:
Banana
Almond Milk
Romaine lettuce mixed with spinach (and any garden veggies you would like!)
Chicken Breast
Sweet Potato
Asparagus


SATURDAY!  The long-awaited cheat day!

CHEAT MEAL YOUR HEART OUT!   This for me would be Shakeology for breakfast, maybe BBQ for lunch, Ice cream for a snack, a cheese-stuffed pasta for dinner with garlic bread and brownies for dessert!  YUM!


Sunday-
Breakfast- Greenberry Shakeology (blended with banana, ice, strawberries and almond milk)
Lunch & Dinner- I firmly believe in not meal planning one day a week.  This is the day you use all of your leftover veggies before they go bad!  For me, this is usually a major egg bake or massive salad galore!  Take the time to clean out your fridge, replenish and plan for the next week and food prep!  (Get veggies cut, etc)!



Recipes to Follow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts