Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tropical Chicken Salad

This one tastes JUST like summer.  On a beach.  Sitting on a dock.  Drink with fancy umbrella required.

The Cast:
Green Onions
Red Bell Pepper
Cilantro
Pineapple
Mango
Cabbage (WHAT?  I promise this will end well.)
1 pound chicken
Season salt
Sweet Balsamic Dressing

1.  Chop up some green onion (about half of the little bushel you buy at the grocery store), one red bell pepper, one mango (how do you cut a mango, anyways?), pineapple chunks, cilantro to taste, and cabbage.

(Notice my incredibly exact measurements.  This is really a TO TASTE kind of recipe.  No need for exactness.)

Just chop 'em on up, and mix 'em up!


Now, when I made this lil diddy I was exhausted from chopping by this point, and pretty proud of myself for even getting started on the NEXT night's dinner to begin with- so I wrapped this baby up and put it in the fridge overnight.  The point is- you can make ahead!

2.  The next day, when I had regained my energy and gusto, and the family was demanding food, I came back to this little mix.  At this point all that was needed was the chicken.  I stuck my thin-cut chicken breast in some water to boil for about 12 minutes.  And then I waited.


There really is something to be said about a picture of boiling chicken.  I'm not sure what that is- but, here you have it.

3. After the 12 minutes had come and gone, I drained the water and shredded my chicken right there in the pot with two forks.  I added just a little seasoned salt and about a tablespoon and a half of sweet balsamic.  I stirred that baby up until the chicken had a very light coating.

4.  Put the chicken in the tropical salad, stir & serve.



This was light, yummy and perfect for summer.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks really tasty. I'm going to have to pin it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pin away! I spent some time learning last night how to add pins! I feel pretty cool now. lol

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts