Tuesday, October 2, 2012

simple life

Sometimes, I want to declutter.   I'm talking about a great purge.  The purge of a lifetime.

 I look around and I am drowning in clothes that I haven't worn in ages, toys that are stockpiling because I don't want to let go and just random things: old magazines, ugly knick knacks and hair products that couldn't handle the job.

One of my favorite blogs, Enjoying the Small Things began a purge last month.  They were inspired by the book Happier at Home. And now I'm obsessed and must read it. And I must Purge (with a capitol P).



October inspires me a little bit.  Maybe it has something to do with an internal instinct to prepare for winter.  Or maybe it's because I have a vision of being cozied up on the couch with hot cocoa, a Christmas tree and a spotless house (The dreaded "if I can just get it all done now..." mentality that fails each time with the endless Sawyer hair fluttering around the house).  But, I'm back to blogging, decluttering, running two half marathons and 2 10k's this winter and fall and revamping the family menu to include healthier options.  This includes introducing my family to almond milk.


See?  Do you see that artistic picture I took of almond milk today?  October does strange things to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts