Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, New Goals

I make a lot of goals.  But sometimes they are outlandish; "I want to be more fit than ever!"  Let me tell you, it is nearly impossible to compete with the high school cross country runner I once was.  This year I am going to try to keep the resolutions a little more simple.




1.  Do my hair.  (and make up).  Last month a made a life decision to buy salon hair products.  The shampoo has changed my life.  I am not even kidding.  But why have great shampoo and pay for highlights when I just wear my messy hair in a bun all the time?? No more! I resolve to wearing my hair down and styled to work 4 out of 5 days.  I can't do 5 out of 5- who would I be if not the girl with the disheveled bun and headband?

2. Lose ALL baby weight by Sept 29. (giving me roughly 4 months...with Jamin it took 14 months....those last 5 pounds were brutal!) Sept 29 is the day I will be running a 10 mile Tower of Terror themed race at Disney World with the hubby and friends.  I plan on kicking my own butt this summer to prepare. 

3. Drink way more water! Maybe I will start with the Brita 40 day challenge!

4.  Meet all my "seasonal goals."  Every season I make goals: Fall Semester, Christmas break, Spring Semester and Summer goals (yes, I work at a school and my life goes in semesterly circles). These are usually smaller and attainable goals  that are just fun and simple.  For example, "clean out closet" and "learn to make a pie."  I think I can, I think I can!

5.  Put my time to better use.  Work and baby balancing is difficult but my friends deserve the love and attention of an actual phone call and not always just a facebook shout out!  I plan to be more thoughtful and available to friends, family and of course smothering my two little boys with kisses.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts