Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baking Confessions

I have a confession.

It's a bad one.

I have never baked anything from scratch.  It's true.  I'm embarrassed, ashamed and depressed. It's hard to have a Martha Stewart complex yet have no idea what actually makes cookie dough, cheesecakes and brownies.

I decided, since its a new year and I'm pregnant, to remedy this situation!  I make my first purchase of unsweetened cocoa powder, ever.  I got my hands dirty.  Raw eggs were everywhere.  I may have checked my recipe 1,000 times.... but I did it!

Inspiration for my fresh-from-scratch Cheesecake Brownies, you ask?  Pinterest.  Of course!


And lets be honest here.  Pinterest didn't come up with the recipe- it was originally from Blissful Blog.  That selfish Pinterest is always trying to hog all the glory.

Here is the evolution of my HOMEMADE brownies:


First comes the flour, cocoa powder (this tasted DISGUSTING on its own, btw....and everyone knows that, except for me...the new baker.  That's a lie.  I did try this once on when I was young.  My older, and wiser, cousin has dared me to have a spoonful.  I agreed willingly, and learned a valuable lesson, which I remembered distinctly today) and salt.


Let's mix it on in with some melted chocolate chips/sugar/buttery goodness...


When it was all said and done, this recipe called for seven eggs.  Go ahead and let that sink in and hang on your hips for a bit..


There it is, brownies from scratch!  Onto the cheesecake...


Is ricotta and cream cheese actually part of normal cheesecake?  The cream cheese I can understand, but ricotta? I triple checked the recipe.  I was sure I was "pulling a Rachel" from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. when she messed up her fancy dessert by combining the ingredients from an English trifle and Shepherd's pie.



Vanilla, more eggs...almost there...





layer and swirl,  and swirl, and swirl...


Admire daddy & baby's sweet faces as your sweet treat bakes for 45 minutes...


I did, it!  I have officially baked from scratch.  And it's soooo good!


Thank you Pinterest & Blissful Blog!

Join me in gaining 10 pounds by making your own!  Recipe found here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts