Monday, September 5, 2011

so long sweet summer...

Well, I have been inspired by ChickFlickChic (it's easy to do!).  I don't feel too bad about it since she did pose the question "what are your summer favorites?"

Favorite Movie
   
Crazy Stupid Love


Let me preface this by saying the only three movies I saw this summer were Bridesmaids, Crazy Stupid Love and Planet of the Apes. As a matter of fact, these are the only three movies I have seen in a theater in the past two years.  Having a baby can really limit the movie going experience.

Something about rarely getting out to see a movie is that it makes any movie you do actually get to see incredibly special.  Life-changing special, really.  Even Ceasar the Ape had me enthralled.

Crazy Stupid Love wins because it was happy, sad, hopelessly romantic and just had just enough raunchyness for the funny affect.  I loved it!


Ps.  I also saw 500 days of summer for the first time this summer on Netflix.  It is old, but I loooooved it!


Best Vacation:

South Beach, Miami

I feel a little personal guilt for not saying our amazing family vacation in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota.  But Miami had some highlights that cannot be forgotten!

1.  I got to spend unlimited, uninterrupted time with my hubby.  We were celebrating our 2 year anniversary and hadn't been away together since the honeymoon.  He's handsome and was all mine in Miami :)
2. Staying at the ridiculously glitzy, star-studded and overpriced oceanfront Gansevoort Hotel.
3. Enjoying the best. meal. of my. entire. life. at STK Miami.  YUM.  Along with the incredible food, I discovered (for the first time) what is now my favorite drink of choice: jalapeno martini.  yum. 
4. Living a Reality Show dream of mine and casually shopping the racks at DASH.
5. The people watching and fist pumping.
6. The four hour excursion through town in a death van that did not result in a free wave runner rental.  This will be remembered forever!

I had a blast!


Favorite Purchase (well, gift)

 I have a hard time purchasing things over $20 dollars (frugal.) But leave it to my husband to spoil me with a new SLR camera and tablet this summer!


 Favorite Thing I Did

ChickFlickChic is right on the money with this one.  What can be better than best friends reuniting for a wedding??


  Favorite Book

I've joined in on the Hunger Games. One book in and can't wait to read the next two!


Favorite Thing I Wore

Feathers in my hair is definitely the trendiest thing I've done in a long time!  Made for a fun Birthday!


Cutest Picture of Jamin From Summer (how is this not a category??)



Goodbye summer- I can't wait until I see you again next year! 

1 comment:

  1. i was THISCLOSE to tagging you and car in the post and asking you to do summer favorites! i decided id leave it up to you but YAY glad you did!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts