Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hurry up, October!

I cannot wait for October!  This is for me, one of the s.l.o.w.e.s.t. times of the year- waiting for holiday season to begin (don't even ask me how I feel about August and January).


As the years circle on and on I find I have solidified my opinions, good or bad, of certain months of the year.  There is no convincing me otherwise.


Let's explore, shall we?


Oct 1- Dec 31- The absolute best time of year.  December has always been my favorite for the obvious reasons (Santa, Christmas movies, presents, and malls!) I am not sure when my love for December crept forward to include November and then crept even further to include October (As a born and raised Floridian I never quite understood "Fall").  But now I absolutely. love. it!  I love the rich foods, desserts, endless family and friend time, the different feel in the air of friendliness and the hustle and bustle of the holidays.  I am now one of those people that begins decorating mason jars and filling them with leaves, I make homemade "ghost" decor for Halloween, I visit a pumpkin patch every year.  Add some turkey and gravy to that list and I am the happiest person!

{This is the pumpkin I carved a few years ago-
 I think it perfectly illustrates how excited I get for Christmas!}
{Gobble Gobble}

{Do you see why I love pumpkin patches?}

December- It really deserves it's own shout-out- considering it is the happiest time of the year!  BUT, won't get to ahead of myself here and rant about my love for all things Christmas, that can wait. So for now...

Hurry up, October!




2 comments:

  1. this post makes my heart skip a beat! oct 1- dec 31 is truly the most magical time of year! i get major sunday blues/weirds in january

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I for one can think of a WONDERFUL reason to continue celebrations into January... cough cough. A reason that PERFECTLY coincides with a three-day-weekend every year!
    Justsayin'.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts