Friday, August 12, 2011

bandwagon

Sometimes I like to jump on a bandwagon.  I don't think this is a bad thing.  My perspective is that bandwagoning exposes you to a lot of different hobbies, trends, shows and ideas and then you can sift through them to see what you really like.

Here is an example.  I used to be really against a bandwagoning.  I refused to read Harry Potter although this was the literary classic of my generation.  I resisted for 10 long years.  I knew at 12 that I was an avid reader because I love to read.  I would not stoop down to read the book being gobbled up by the masses that don't generally care about books.

Fast forward to college and I HAVE to read Harry Potter for my Adolescent Lit class.  Amazing.  I'm in love.  I wish I were a wizard.  I wish life had more magic.  I wish I had frizzy hair like Hermione. (oh wait, I do.  Thank God!)  I go to movies.  I cried when the series ended.  I yearn for butterbeer.

(image -and a recipe available- from thekitchn.com)


And you know what I learned?  I should have jumped on the bandwagon sooner.  If I thought it was so magical at 22 I would have LOVED it at 12. 

Valuable lesson learned, kids.  Lesson learned.

Well, now it's time to hop into a new craze.  My hubby and I are going to be juicers for 5 days.  Were going to buy all sorts of leafy greens and juice them and pretend they taste good.  I'm going to watch the pounds shed off and I will have more energy than I ever had in my life.  My skin will glow.  Inspired after watching the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead we decided this would be an adventure worth taking.  Here's a preview.



Plus, not a bad idea to take down our juicer, which was a wedding gift, and brush some dust off of it.  I will post about our 5 day juicing journey along the way.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts