Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dinner Redemption

To make up for the tragedy of yesterday's dinner attempt, I had to redeem myself by making one of the husband's favorite dishes. I chronicled dinner tonight to prove I can cook up yummy food, and not just rubber scallops swimming in champagne.





From the dependable Better Homes & Gardens



Pineapple Stir Fry Chicken


Needed:
chicken, in strips
pineapple chunks
sugar snap peas
1 bottle stir fry sauce
1/2 red onion sliced
veg oil
rice- I prefer whole wheat
wok

1. saute onions for 2 min on med-high heat in wok
2. add sugar snap peas, pineapple, (optional additions: thin zucchini slices, or I like to add a chopped hot red pepper for heat) cook for 3 min
3. remove veggies
4, more oil in wok, stir-fry chicken, add stir fry sauce to taste
5. when chicken is cooked through, add back veggie/pineapple mixture
6. heat through (add flour to dish and stir in to thicken sauce if necessary)
7. serve over rice!


Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts