Thursday, May 6, 2010

Birth Day



Long time no post! But now that baby Jamin has arrived I think there will be so many pictures, videos, stories and monumental moments that there will be plenty of posts to come :)

Jamin was born on 4/28 at 4:45 pm. He was 21" and 8 pounds 14 ounces- much bigger than the Dr. had guessed. The day before the Dr. had estimated 7 1/2 pounds! He has a whole head of dark brown hair, dark grey/blue eyes, and the cutest little butt chin!

Birth Day

I went into the hospital Tuesday 4/27 at 6 pm to have some medicine that would help prep me to be induced 6 am the next morning. The Dr. felt I needed to be induced because although I was 8 days past due I wasn't progressing quickly enough. I got settled into the hospital and given my medicine. Within an hour my water broke! Funny part was that it happened right as my dad walked in to visit and I was turning over in the bed to say hello. I wasnt quite sure what was happening so I waited a few minutes to kick my dad and Jud out of the room so I could investigate the situation- part of me wasn't sure if I had wet the bed or not, haha. The nurse confirmed my water had broken and things were progressing!

I was given a sleeping pill and some IV drugs to help me sleep through contractions- but I woke up in the middle of the night with some intense pain! I was moving along pretty quickly. They took me off the medicines and gave me an epidural. With the epidural I was able to drift off to sleep quite peacefully. I woke up at about 5 or 6 am (this is where it starts getting a little fuzzy!) in terrible, terrible pain! I had Jud let the nurse know and they seem a bit confused that I was in so much pain with the epidural- when they checked me they found out epidural had fallen out! Thats right, it had fallen out. The nurse told me the next day she has only seen that once before in her yrs of nursing (what luck! lol) I had woken up from having 0 pain to instantly having the pain of contractions at about 7/8 cm- a lot to handle with no build up! They called in for another epidural and I got huge shot #2 for the night..

Well, around this time things really started slowing down it took me from about 5 or 6 am time until 2:25 in the afternoon for me to reach 10 cm and be ready to push. I spent from 2:25 until 4:45 pushing and finally- our long awaited baby boy was born! :) Although labor was long and intense it was amazing to see our healthy baby. Jud and I are in love!

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel better, my epidural came out too. They waited HOURS before they gave me #2. They couldn't figure it out, until they realized the bed was soaking wet from all the drugs being given to my mattresss instead of me.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts